Can Could Be Able To Grammar
If none is possible use be able to in the correct tense.
Can could be able to grammar. To talk about a general ability in the past we use could or was were able to. So we use be able to when we want to use other tenses or the infinitive. However there are some other used of can as we will see below. It tests what you learned on the can could be able to page.
I could was able to run very fast. He can is able to swim. I can t move my leg. I m not able to move my leg.
But be able to is more formal and is not as common. Can means to be physically able to do something or to know how to do something. English grammar tips with gymglish online english lessons. Be able to is possible in all tenses but can is possible only in the present and could is possible only in the past for ability.
Here are some examples of can and be able to used to speak about abilities. Put in can can t could couldn t. Understanding grammar is key to understanding a language. Can is called a modal verb.
Be able to has a similar meaning to can or could in the past. In addition can and could have no infinitive form. For all other verb forms infinitive gerund present perfect etc we should use be able to. In general could is considered more polite or formal that can.
The three main uses of can are. Can could be able to quiz. We sometimes use be able to instead of can or could for ability. Both can and could are modal verbs.
I could was able to jump so. Be able to is often similar to can and we may use it instead of can to talk about ability. They are able to do the job faster than anyone else. Can and be able to are known as modal verbs in english.
My brother isn t able to drive a car 2. You swim when you were 10. Can and be able to are both used to speak about abilities and the possibility of doing something. 1 ability 2 possibility and 3 permission.
Can could and be able to the verb can is used to say that someone or something is able to do something. It doesn t have all of the tenses that verbs usually have. Look at these examples. You can do this grammar quiz online or print it on paper.
- Can I Connect Airpods To Ps4 Pro
- Can I Freeze Basil Leaves
- Can I Get An Amen Bendy And The Ink Machine
- Can I Freeze Fresh Coconut Milk
- Can I Go To The Toilet Please Meme
- Can I Be Him Youtube
- Can I Freeze Sour Cream Frosting
- Can I Cut My Own Hair With Clippers
- Can I Freeze Sour Cream In Casserole
- Can I Get A Hooyah Alissa Violet
- Can I Go Swimming With A New Tattoo
- Can I Be Him Ukulele Chords
- Can I Freeze Pie Crust
- Can I Be Him Lyrics And Chords
- Can I Freeze Basil Leaves Without Blanching
- Can I Get A Coke With My Rum Lyrics
- Can I Cook Corn On The Cob In The Microwave
- Can I Connect My Airpods To My Ps4 Pro
- Can I Freeze Stewed Plums
- Can I Go To The Toilet Please In Welsh